- Save the Date for the 9th Annual UNM Sustainability Expo
- The Benefits and Age-Old Success of Waffle Gardens: A history on one of the oldest sustainable farming methods of the Southwest
- Organic vs. Conventional: A Closer Look at the Facts
- Street Food Institute Voted Local Hero!
- The Power of Yogic Farming
We’re a member of the New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association!
Five ways to get involved in your local foodshed
1. Join a CSA
2. Support your community's farmers' markets
3. Become a member of the nearest co-op grocery store
4. Start an edible [home, community or school] garden
5. Volunteer your labor at a local farm or ranch
- Follow ABQ Stew on WordPress.com
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Heads up: Get ready for a seed swap at our last market event on October 3. Bring seeds to share, and go home with some new varieties for next season’s garden. It’s now officially fall, and harvest season will be … Continue reading
Thanks, Daily Lobo staff, for your coverage of the Sustainability Studies Program’s fall series of growers’ market! After the first market in August, the campus newspaper ran a front page spread: Market brings local produce to campus. A sustainability course … Continue reading
Join us at the fourth market of the season. You know it’s fall in New Mexico when you smell roasting green chile!
Come on out to the third market of the fall season to learn about local foodshed initiatives on UNM campus.
Bring a recipe…take a recipe at the second of six Lobo Growers’ Markets on main campus tomorrow!! Also, check out today’s article in The Daily Lobo, Market brings local produce to campus.